Title: Electrical Engineer
Who we are and what we are looking for:
- Applied Vision is the leader in machine vision systems worldwide for the food and beverage industry.
- We consider ourselves as a high tech, west coast like, company based in Akron, Ohio.
- We are looking for highly motivated, self proclaimed electronic geeks who have a passion for cutting edge technology and like to surround themselves with similar minded people.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Design PCBs with 2-12 layers with board frequencies ranging from DC up to 500MHz (who knows what tomorrow will bring).
- Design some of the brightest and most unique LED based illumination sources in the industry.
- Design industrial wiring cabinets that need to survive in some of the harshest environments around the globe.
- Design electro-mechanical assemblies that are required to have a service life or 5+ years running nearly 24/7/365.
- Assist in commercialization of new technology that most people haven’t dreamt of.
- Design test fixtures and test procedures to ensure our products are high quality and easy to manufacture.
- Assist in product compliance and quality testing to meet global standards and regulations
- Occasional (up to 25%) travel (domestic and international)
- Comfortable working in, as well as learning, multiple engineering and scientific disciplines as needed
- BECE, BEEE, BSCS preferred however other related degrees are acceptable provided you have relevant work experience.
- Please be prepared to show off some of your previous electrical projects.
- Strong knowledge of PCB design and layout with QFNs, BGAs, and PCBs that are 8+ layers.
- Orcad Capture and Allegro PCB Editor experience is preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with emphasis on mixed systems composed of hardware, firmware, and software.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Hands on PCB assembly and rework experience with both SMT and TH are highly desirable but not required.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of AHDL, VHDL, and Verilog.
- Working knowledge of C and C++ with emphisis on embeeded microcontroller development.
- Working knowledge of the CE/IEC directives related to EN 60204-1 among others.
- Familiar with Altera CPLDs and FPGAs including NIOS development.
- Familiar with Microchip PIC processors (in particular the PIC32 family).
- Basic Solidworks skills including electrical routing are preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of optics, illumination and digital imaging.
- Competent in intermediate mathematics.
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate a passion for electronics and electrical design.
- Mature, self-directed and responsible.
Applied Vision is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are and your creative ideas. Come be part of a stable, fast growing company offering an excellent work environment, great colleagues, room for advancement, and opportunity to travel.
We also offer 100% employer paid comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, & vision) as well as 401K, profit sharing, paid holidays, vacation, sick days, and an onsite workout facility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
For Further inquiries or to apply to this position, please email your resume/CV and cover letter to Employment@AppliedVision.com